Department Of Kannada
This Department was started in the same year of establishment of the College in 1960. The aim of the Department is to enhance and enrich the State Language. The number of pass out students are serving in various sectors.
- Planning to organize National Level Seminar/Conference
- Planning to conduct more Special Lectures by inviting eminent Profesessors
- Planning to start PG course
Department Of English
The department of Studies in English came into an existence in the same year of College establishment i.e. in 1960. It has both Optional and Basic English subjects. It has well-furnished Language Laboratory and department library too. The Department also conducts class seminars and takes care of slow learners by taking remedial classes. The aim of the English department is to enrich and enlighten the Hyderabad Karnataka Region with foreign language, such a way that they can survive all over the Globe. The pass-out graduates of the department are now well settled in various sectors; govt., aided and private.
- The department is planning to conduct National/International Seminars and Conferences.
- Planning to arrange more and more special Lectures by inviting Professors from various Institutions.
- Planning to visit different educational Institutions & Language Lab.
Department Of Hindi
The department of Hindi was started in the same year of establishment of the College in 1960, with Prof. Devendra Kamal as Head of the Department. The aim of the department is to enhance and enrich the importance of National Language. The department consists of both Basic and Optional Hindi. The graduates of the department are serving in various Government, Aided and Private Sectors.
- Organize National and International Conference/Seminar/Workshop
- Planning to conduct more Special Lectures by inviting Professors of various Institution.
Department Of Urdu
Urdu department was started in the same year of establishment of the College in 1960. The students of this department are motivated to write articles, in the leading News papers and Journals number of students from this department are serving in several sectors of the society.
- Planning to conduct State/National Level Seminar.
- Planning to invite resource persons for special lecture series.
Department Of Economics
The Department of Economics came into existence in 1960. It aims at imparting the knowledge of economic activities pertaining to economic development. It has been contributing the College from last five decades.The department always takes care of slow learners. The department conducts class seminars regularly. The number of Alumni Graduates are serving the Society in various sectors.
- To organize the National/International Level Seminars
- To organize more Field Trips and Educational Tours
- To invite Professors from various colleges to enrich knowledge of the students.
Department Of Political Science
The Department of Political Science established in 1960 with Prof. K. Vishwanath as the Head of the Department. The aim of the Department is to acquaint the students with political field, in such a way that they can make acquaint the Society with same. The several pass out students of department are serving in political field as well as Govt. and Private sectors.
Department Of Sociology
The department of Sociology was established in 1960. The aim of the department is to impart the knowledge of social activities, social behavior and social problems. Ever since the department has started functioning, the student’s performance is satisfactory. The department always takes care of slow learners, conducts student seminars and group discussions regularly. It also undertakes extension activities like Field Visit, Tours etc., alumni students are serving in various sectors.
- To organize National and International Seminars
- Undertake various Research Projects.
- To organize more and more Educational Trips and Field Work.
- Planning to start Research Projects with the Collaboration of Rural Development Department.
Department Of History
The College and History Department came into an existence in the same year 1960. Every year many students get their graduation in History subject. Pass out students are serving in various sectors like Private, Aided and Government.
- Planning to conduct National and International Seminars.
- To visit Historical Places at least once in a year.
- To invite Professors from various Institutions.
Department Of Rural Development
The Department of Rural Development was established in 1990. The aim of the department is to create rural progress consciousness and to empower the region and to make them responsible citizen of the Country. The department undertakes Study Tours, Field Trips etc., as a partial fulfillment of their curricular. With the help of several students’ awareness activities and various Govt. and Public sector schemes are being conducted for the progress of villages.
- To conduct more and more Educational Tours and Field Trips
- To adopt a Village for overall development
- To conduct the programs for Agricultural Development and training to Rural Youth for Self Employment (TRYSEM)
Department Of Music
“Music speaks what cannot be expressed soothes the mind and gives it, rest heals the heart and makes it whole flows from heaven to the soul”. It inculcates discipline among the students and builds good character in the students. The department of Music established in the year 2011. The department was inaugurated by Hon’ble Dr. Basavaraj G. Patil, Governing Council Member H.K.E. Society Kalaburagi (Bidar) initially with 20 students the department got started. Sri. Ramlu Gadagi, Smt. Kavita Mathapati, Sri. Shanmukh Patil, Sri. Eshwarappa Panchal served as lecturers to the department. Students of this department actively participate in all the college programme and functions. They have participated different Cultural competitions held at District Level and University Level. Alumni students of this Dept. have completed PG course and some of them are pursuing their PG Degree.
Department Of Commerce
The department of Commerce was established in 1981. To facilitate Commerce Education at the UG Level with Core Subjects.
Aims and Objectives
- To educate the Youth in Commerce, Industry and Trade
- To create Accessibility among students to National and International Job opportunities.
- To motivate students for Self Employment and Entrepreneurship.
- To enable the Youth to venture into industry and motivate them to lay emphasis on Small Scale and Big Industries
- To prepare students for Higher Studies, Professional and Management Courses.
- To develop Business Leadership Qualities among students.
- To motivate the students to utilize and mobilize local resources for the development of Trade and Industry.
- To develop healthy competitiveness.
Department Of Physics
The department of Physics was established in the year 1960. The department has given major contribution in the development of the College. It has two laboratories, one is used for General Experiments, Electronics, Nuclear Experiment and another is used as Dark Room for conducting Optical and Lesser Experiment. The Laboratories are well equipped and can accommodate 40 students at a time. It also has its departmental Library which can be used by both students and staff members.
- Planning to hold National / International Seminar/Workshop
- Planning to conduct special lecture series by inviting Professors of various Universities and from research organization.
- Planning to conduct study tour in order to promote technical skills
Department Of Chemistry
The Department was established in the year 1960 and produced meritorious students and number of Laurels’ in multi disciplinary areas like Scientists, Professors, Lecturers, Teachers, Politicians, Businessmen’s and other Government Sectors. Department has well experienced Staff, Laboratories are well established with Electronic digital equipments, Borosil apparatus, branded Analytical Reagents, high capacity Borosil water distillation Plant, it has Three separate Laboratories with capacity of 30-40 students Junior Lab, Senior Lab and Physical Laboratories and also has separate departmental Library.
- The department is planning to Start PG Course in Chemistry.
- The department is planning to conduct National and International level Seminars.
- Invite eminent Professors from various Universities to conduct special lectures
- Invite more & more Pharmaceutical and Industrial delegates’ to get opportunities for the students.
- Educational visits to industries to get Practical knowledge .
Department Of Mathematics
This Department was started in 1960 with establishment of the college. The Department takes care of slow learners by remedial classes and class seminars. With the help of this department thousands of students got settled in various sectors.
- Planning to conduct National Seminars and Conferences
- Planning to establish mathematical Laboratory
Department Of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science is one of the biggest department in the college which runs three Courses B.Sc., B.C.A. and M.Sc. The Department was started in 1990 with single course B.Sc. , later on B.C.A and M.Sc. courses were started in the year 2001. The department aims to provide life training in employment opportunity in this competitive world. It provides communication skills and technical knowledge to retain men and women to develop new software with various projects. The Department providing extra facility to the students by using computer based Education Compact Disks, such as software development programs C, C++ Visual Basic, Java, Multimedia &Window programming Application Software development using Dbase, Page Maker, Coral Draw, MS-Paint, Lotus, Excel etc.. The department is conducting various seminars, monthly test to achieve the excellence. The Guest lectures are invited from various Universities, College & IT Industries to provide the recent advanced knowledge to our students. We identify the slow learner & fast learner and required assistance and encouragement is given to them. We also conduct the remedial classes for slow learners who got less marks in internal exam. We give assignments to these students, and conduct the tests accordingly.
Department Of Botany
The Department was established in the year 1962. The Laboratory is furnished with essential equipments, specimens, Lab. work materials and charts. The alumni students of this dept. are serving in the field of Medicine, Pharmaceuticals and at Research Institutions. The Green House is maintained by the Dept. with some Medicinal Plants established in the College premises. Every year study tour is conducted by the Dept.
- Planning to organize International level Conf./Workshop/Seminar
- Cultivation of Azolla plant. The significance of this plant is to promote Diary Technology.
- Planning to establish Mushroom culture Technology.
- Planning to establish advanced Floriculture Technology
Department Of Zoology
The department of Zoology was established in the year 1962. The department of Zoology came to existence as one of the independent department of Biological Science in our institution with an aim to impart the knowledge of various branches of Zoology at UG Level. Zoology is one of the basic Biological Sciences having great relevance to the field of Veterinary Science, Dairy Science, and Medicine Science and has greater importance for higher studies. With this background the department at UG Level has been imparting knowledge of Zoology for over 54 years serving the cause of education of the people of this region in particular and nation at large. Kumari Divya Sridhar Kulkarni stood first to the College as well to the Dept. by securing 95.3% in Zoology in May-June 2016 Exam.
- In the year 2007 on 25th October the Zoology Club was inaugurated by Dr. Basavaraj G. Patil, Governing Council Member, H.K.E. Society, Kalaburgi (Bidar). In this club we conduct Environmental Awareness Programme and Blood Group Determination Test for our students every year. We conduct Study Tour every year for partial fulfillment of Project Report as per Gulbarga University curricula.
Department Of Electronics
The department was established in 1981. It has well equipped Laboratory and Departmental Library. The Department offers a Cash Prize for Toppers. It has produced thousands of students and now they are in prominent positions in India as well as in Abroad.
- To conduct National and International Seminar/Conference/Workshop
- Planning to organize academic exchange program by inviting University and other Research Organization scholars.
- UGC sponsored “Computer Hardware and Networking” COP Certificate Course is in operation to facilitate the UG students.
Department Of Physical Education
The term physical education is not just physical training, Physical Culture Gymnastics, Sports, Drill etc., but is much broader and much more meaning full. The department of Physical Education was established in 1960. It gives education through physical activities for the total personality of an individual to its fullness and perfection in Body Mind and spirit. Physical Education is necessary, to train the individual’s Mental, Moral, Social Qualities, arouse its awareness of environment and development, presence of mind discipline, co-operation spirit of respect sympathy towards other qualities that are essential for a happy life in a free and democratic Country. Soon after the admission, students will be made aware about sport facilities. The Sports & Games such as Volley Ball, Kho – Kho, Kabaddi, Foot Ball, Basket Ball, Cricket, Mud Track, Throwing Sector, Ball Badminton Carom Board, Chess, Table Tennis etc., are practiced in our College. This training helps so many sports persons of our College to get settle in various sector. Outstanding sports persons are identified and have been given fee concession, diet and sports kit etc.,
- Planning to conduct South Zone Inter University Games/Sports meet.
- With the Support of HKE Society, Donors and Alumni full-fledged indoor stadium will be established very soon.
- Planning to organize coaching camps and trainings for all Average sports persons.
The Library is well equipped with books & journals. The reading room and study room facilities are provided throughout the year. The students are required to abide by its rules.
Rules of the Library :
- The library functions from 8.00AM to 5.00PM on all working days
- A student who fails to return the books within 10 days will be fined Rs.1.00 for each day beyond the due date excluding Sundays and Holidays.
- Books lost, damaged or defaced must be paid by the student. Loss of pages, mutilation and any other damage discovered on return of books will be charged.
- A student has to produce his/her Identity card for issue of books.
- Silence should be observed in and near the library reading rooms.
- Students may borrow magazines and other reading material at the library reference counter by depositing their Identity Card. They must return these at the counter before leaving the Library.
- INTERNET/INFLIBNET facility is made available.
Mobility of teaching and non-teaching staff is one of the core activities in the inter-university cooperation, which aims at promoting the European dimension and quality in higher education, especially among non-mobile students. By receiving teaching and non-teaching staff, within this framework, students have the opportunity to benefit from new knowledge and skills.
- Mobility of teaching and non-teaching staff is one of the core activities in the … the teacher/staff, or directly to the contact person Institute/Services